Friday, November 20, 2009

The bet is on

My last post talks about my shopping frenzy problem...
In order to become a better person, I decided to challenge myself. And here's my master plan...

I made a bet with one of my best friends-Marija. I agreed not to buy any piece of clothing until New Years, or she can take away my new jeans, skirt, whatever...
Do you think I can last?

I made the bet 20 days ago, starting from the beginning of November and made it all the way through...For now :)
So far it's great-I can appreciate more the stuff I own already and as it turns out I have plenty of clothes in my closet. Also I used very very basic crafts skills to repair or refresh some of the stuff I own already, but were not in their best shape, like a great pair of electric blue earings, which by the help of some nail polish became navy blue and look like almost new earings. Plus vintage is in :)))
And I am helping the planet... And my bank account is actually managing to put something away in savings. But not a lot, cause I spend most of it on partying and hanging out in the city.

But there are weak moments... That I go by with a little help of my loved ones... I got an early bday present from a best friend cause I fell in love with these cool heart shaped silver earings. Or grandma knitted me a warm grey sweater. And cause they are the only new things in my closet, I love them and wear them all the time :)))
On my way back from work, I still walk around the mall and go window shopping. Just for the fun of it. And I get tempted... But I always remember my promise and know that if I buy something and lie about it, my personal integrity and freedom are forever lost.
In the end it all comes down to being more than just a consumer :)

2 comments:

  1. Se poshtuva sto si pishala vaka javno za oblogot. Toa ke go napravi tvojot celibat mnogu pouspeshen na krajot!!! :))

    P.S Kako da stavam komentar deka fenomenalna ti e slikata... :) amazing!!!

    love you *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falaaaa :) a bit of playin around in photoshop...
    a pazi go eventov > Buy nothing day
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=208513115521&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete